Friday, February 24, 2012

Fall/Winter 2012/13 Lifestyle Shoot

Here is the second of our two shoots.  This one was done on location at Awtash (419 College Street) a Persian cafe and restaurant.  Awtash is conveniently just around the corner from my studio as well as my apartment.  I believe it opened in the Spring/Summer of 2011 and as soon as I saw it I was curious.  Walking by it's quite eye catching as you'll see.  The front of the restaurant is outfitted with luxurious couches, pillows and lanterns in rich colours and textures.  The menu includes pizzas with Persian ingredients, fancy cocktails, juices and smoothies and a long list of shisha flavours that you can smoke in one of their many hookahs.

Photographer Angela Lewis and myself contemplating something deep :P  But seriously, here's a nice shot of the front lounge.

The teapot I fell in love with along with some pretty awesome couches.  Someday my apartment will look like this if I'm lucky!!

Andrea, of Friskey Brown works on model, Juliana's hair. 

Model, Charlie stands in for some test shots.  And check out those arched doorways!  They put quite a lot of work into this bar.  You can also catch a glimpse of the back lounge area outfitted with handsomely upholstered benches and throw pillows.


A big thanks goes out to: Angela, Andrea, Sivan, Juliana & Charlie as well as Hommod and Carly of Awtash for letting us use their beautiful space.  We can't wait to share the photos with you . . . in 6 months from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment