Thursday, June 16, 2011

Web and Graphics Overhaul!



Business card by Jakki Chrysler
 About 4 years ago I decided it was time to get serious so I commissioned then Ryerson student, Jakki Chrysler to help me with a new website and graphics overhaul.  Jakki was amazingly helpful in helping me realize my vision.  She created a new logo, hangtags, business cards and my current website to show case my designs. 

So four years later I've decided it's time to evolve things and start fresh with new logos, hang tags, garment labels and an exciting new website!  I've been lucky to join forced with Ryerson's Gigi Wong to create my new image!


We met earlier this week to discuss ideas.  I gave Gigi inspiration sites to check out and samples of eye catching labels I've clipped out of old garments.  Already Gigi has produced some great ideas.  Currently we're working on finalizing a logo design and beginning the layout for the web site! 

Free People
 The new site is going to have a collagey feel with plenty of tactile elements and more photos!  I've been particularly inspired by the Anthropologie and Free People websites.  I've spent so much time on the Free People site lately it's been hard to curb those online shopping habits.  I can't wait for Canada Post to get back to work so my packages can move past the border! 
Gibbous Shop
I really like the collagey feel of the Free People website but taking things a step further is Gibbous Shop.  I don't remember how I originally came across it (Etsy perhaps?) but the beautiful handmade, gypsy, eclectic feel they have going on with their clothing is completely mirrored in their web design.  It's a must to check out.
For my own site I'd like to combine the clean polished look of Free People with the realness and handmade qualities of the Gibbous site but put my own spin on things.  Stay tuned and I will be posting some snippets of my new image!

No comments:

Post a Comment