Thursday, June 16, 2011

A blast from the past!


 So in my previous blog post about the scarf dresses I briefly made reference to my more colourful, free spirited past.  So I thought I would dig around and pull up some nice examples.  I think these designs are circa 2005.  I carefully edited my selection to avoid embarrassment.

These tanks were all made from reclaimed jersey and knit garments.  I think this was around the time when Goodwill's Buy the Pound was still downtown and I was a student at Ryerson University.

Remember when long tops that actually covered your mid section that the hip hugger jeans missed first came around? Yup, that's right.  Long tops!  Who would have thought!


At the time I was selling them at Get Out Side's sister store, Pull.  Owner, Doug Malcolmson had a nice, bright little sewing studio upstairs where young Japanese and Canadian designers would revamp graphic t-shirts into trendy tube tops, dresses and one shoulder styles.  I think it was actually his idea to make these tank tops longer and slap the lace on the bottom.  But hey, I rarely shy away from lace!

No comments:

Post a Comment